Sunday, June 27, 2010

Purpose

I am starting this blog to share reviews of books and show series that I'm reading or have read. Being recently graduated, and now have a lot more time on my hands and have gone through probably 20+ books in the least month or so. I don't think I'll be keeping up quite that pace, but I should still hit about two books a week. The books I pick come from Amazon suggestions, random ones I find, or suggestions from my brother, but if anyone has one they'd like me to read, I'm more than willing to be the guinea pig before you go and buy a particular book.

A little about me:
I grew up reading fantasy novels from when I was very young.  My father reads them, as does my older brother.  I was reading Margaret Weis an Tracy Hickman when I was in the fifth grade.  I reread all the Robert Jordan books when a new one comes out.  I've read a lot, I read fast, and I'll read just about anything. 

I'll go through periods when I'll reread all the books I used to take on vacation growing up (The Lioness Quartet, The Prodigal Sorcerer, ...), or I'll go off on a hard sci-fi binge (David Weber, Elizabeth Moon), or I'll pick a different subset and try and rundown a bunch like it.  So, I may glut this blog with a bunch of urban fantasy novels for a few weeks then switch tacks completely and review Incarceron.  Regardless, I hope that my thoughts and comments can help someone find their next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment